Are you considering whether or not you should finish your home’s basement? While finishing a basement may be the answer for some homeowners, it may not be the answer for you. Carefully weigh the advantages and disadvantages to determine whether finishing your basement is right for you. The B.O.L.D. Company has come up with a list of advantages and disadvantages to help you decide which option is best for you!
Advantages Of A Finished Basement
- Increases Resale Value: A finished basement is a great way to add resale value to your home. Homes that have a finished basement are often seen as much bigger and will typically sell faster if you choose to resell the home, especially if the other homes in your neighborhood don’t have a finished basement.
- Additional Livable Space: A finished basement is a great way to add additional livable space in your home. A finished basement can turn into a playroom, a living room, extra storage space, or even a bedroom.
- Keeps Out The Noise: Finished basements offer a good space for kids to make as much noise as they want, but keep the rest of your home quiet.
Disadvantages Of A Finished Basement
- Extra Cost: Finishing your basement can be expensive. If your budget is tight, it is best to skip finishing your basement.
- Return On Investment: Kitchens and bathrooms usually provide a bigger ROI. If your budget is limited, focus your funds on other areas before finishing your basement.
- Time Consuming: Finishing your basement can be time consuming. It involves being patient and knowing it will take awhile to finish.
Once you consider the advantages and disadvantages of finishing your home’s basement, you can then determine which option is best for you. Factor in what you would be using the space for, how big or small your space is, consider what finishes you would use, and determine your budget. Design and build companies like The B.O.L.D. Company can then help you figure out the next steps.
Choose The BOLD Company
If you are looking to build a new home or finish your basement in your existing home, The B.O.L.D. Company is here to help. The B.O.L.D. Company provides residential construction, commercial construction, remodeling, land development as well as real estate services. We greatly differ from other home builders throughout the area due to our unique designs and top notch customer service. Contact us today and we will be happy to assist you with all your home needs. We look forward to answering any questions you may have!